Skip to main content

Reflections

"Surrender is not giving up control, it is knowing you never had control"

I came across the afore mentioned quote the other day and all of a sudden I felt something shift within me. The foundation of my thought system received major jolts as I frantically searched for answers.

Until now, what I thought of surrender had association with being something that sounded like giving up when you knew not anything else would work . Imagine thinking it as, you knew all along about the result at the end of the journey that wouldn't be yours but rather than panicking about what that lay ahead ,you chose to enjoy the process for you never had the control to begin with. This is how life should be, I realise.

We keep on panicking about what lies ahead so much so that we miss out our chance to relish on what we have today. There's a constant fear of being left out, a fear of not receiving validation. But, the present time is the only truth that we have in our command. You treat it well, and it will give you pleasant memories but the moment you start panicking, it turns into a regretful past and a messy future.

I have been constantly in search for peace. I tried yogic principles, different forms of meditation techniques, healing principles but each and every time at the end I would be left with a hollow state which shook me from within but surprisingly one fine day I stopped looking for it. I don't remember exactly when or why but I simply started to be engrossed on my own and that is when peace made its way to reach me.

I have understood this simple principle that peace comes when you stop looking for it and surrendering helps you achieve humble victories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...