Skip to main content

What 2021 taught me...

 

While I was a kid, I was taught to make new year resolutions. The whole process was symbolic, a new year meant newer possibilities. This ritual has stayed by me. This year, before I move on to hope from a brand new year, I want to thank 2021 for all the life lessons it had to provide:


1. In days when everything seems lost and dim, work on yourself because you can't disappoint yourself but the world might by not recognizing your effort.


2. Change is the new constant. No matter how much you try, you change and people around us change and that is the only constant.


3. Life eventually leads you to someone (when you least expect) whom you can call your "home". That someone who helps you become comfortable in your own skin, he or she is the one that you unconsciously were always in search for.


4. Acknowledge your mistakes and work on them. Life allows scope for rectification. You can't be late as long as you have today and a brand new tomorrow.


5. Travel to any place and be around people who don't know you. You learn to be confident and the world humbles you.


6. There is no right age for anything. Your age is just right. Do everything new that you feel like.


7. When life hits you hard, don't fall apart. One fine day it surrenders and you come out victorious.


8. Most importantly, be kind. The world needs kindness.


2021 taught me stuff like no other year. I am hopeful that 2022 would be a year of growth, love and happiness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...