Skip to main content

Deconstructed verse

I broke myself into million pieces

For I wanted you to leave 

But, little did I know, 

You never saw me as a whole.


 
2

Her ghungru broke his calm

As his roof sprang to life,

He ran frantically to catch her glimpse

She slyly tiptoed her way back home

But, forgot to return him his solitude.

3

Akram Miya spoke through his stained teeth drawing the onlookers attention:

"Ram took away Rahim's place
This jumma I have no place for his ibadat"
Hindus furrowed their glance in disdain, Muslims rose in unison,
And before blood spiked out of veins,
Francis, pointing towards his courtyard spoke:
My Jesus wouldn't mind your presence!

4
Her fb account popped a stranger's request,

She declined his request 

But, curiosity raced her heart.

5

The drought burned away the last of hopes

A weary farmer sat drinking his tears

The radio in the farthest corner squeaked,

"The city got clogged out of incessant rains."

Irony, probably was meant to be dark.

6

"Wear your mask", the neighbour squeaked

"But, uncle, my asthma won't let me breathe", came his helpless reply.


7

This lockdown, I got locked in a web of feelings
I survive on bits of rotten memories.
I smile in the day, frown at night
And in the wee hours when I have my soul to myself,
I run away from the world!

8


Half corroded dreams in her eyelids hung shamelessly.
As she stole glances from her teacher,
She slept in bits and dreamt in fragments.
She never received any thrashing
Probably they saw a dreamer in her

9

Her mehendi deceived her in her wedding day,
The red in it matched her husband's blood
That dripdropped out of the car with smashed roses!

10

"You know that I love you?", He asked the last time
"Hmm" she choked
Little did he know, she never had access to such fancies.
She was born for a purpose, and her years were it's installments.

11
"I am not beautiful", she fussed as she prayed.
Her grandma cupping her face in her palms said,

"You are kind  and that is what it takes to be beautiful"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...