Skip to main content

Miss sunshine _1



Let me tell you a story. Almost like every story that you read in story books, this story finds its home a long time ago. So, here it goes:

Once upon a time, there lived Miss Sunshine in her big home. She had her parents, her uncles and an aunt and the most loving grand parents. They were the ones to call her sunshine. She lit their tiny world. As Miss Sunshine grew , she longed to have miss junior sunshine but just like the Sun, she was meant to be alone. She quite liked being who she was. She got to hear stories, eat ice creams, go out on vacations and everything that she wished for.

This seemingly happy story has another part to It. Her family kept her happy and made her feel loved but they didn't warn her about the world outside her home, a ruthless uncompromising society at large. They bullied her at school for she was a meek nerd. They made fun of her , thrashed her but she never took her bruises home. "School is wonderful", is all that she told her family. She sold them stories of make belief so that they wouldn't worry for her. That is how she became a story monger. She grew under this camouflage of confidence whereas she was shit afraid of the world. She started hiding behind books. Books were her sole companions, they let her be Miss Sunshine.

Days rolled into years and years into decades but her timid self never left her side until she slowly started evolving into a confident adult who knew what suited her best. She never let anyone access her life and then her story suffered a paradigm shift. She  fell in love and knew not anything else except for that. She slowly had become Miss confident Sunshine until fate had its cruelest laugh. It told her she couldn't afford to be in love, it came with a price which she couldn't afford. She thought of keeping it as the most beautiful story she could have dreamt about.

Miss Sunshine slowly became that tiny timid girl who refused to let the world know her reasons. She had had enough bruising her heart over and over again. She felt she should start loving herself. She started accepting her flaws and wore them like medals for the world to see.

The story as it finds her has seen this journey so far. Kindly stay tuned until I get to see her next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing

Grandpa and me

I am the eldest grandchild in my family. And being the eldest, I was pampered a great deal by my grandparents. My aama (grandma) and baa (grandpa) always shielded me from every possible dangers including thrashings from maa. I have pleasant memories of evening story sessions as grandpa took me to bed. Aama would oil my hair and tie pony tails which resembled coconut trees that I used to draw. Sundays meant elaborate sessions with my grandparents. Baa would trim my nails, aama would fondle me to sleep. Their bed room was literally my playing room, my story book reading room, my painting room and what not. With time, as I grew, I got a room of my own but their room was still my favourite one. When I left for hostel, I missed them more than I missed my parents.  It was in the year 2014, I had come home after my exams when aama received a pressure stroke . She couldn't make it. I had spent a month as he lay sick on her bed. All of a sudden, there was a role reversal. I could

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while