Skip to main content
It was a cold December day,  she ran across her department corridor in search of some faint sun rays which escaped out of those dusty Windows. She hated damp places . Her throat was sore from fever and her eyes had transformed into fire balls. She stood leaning by the window unaware of how time ticked away, time just flew whenever she stood there for she felt she could never have enough of it.

That was what she did everyday during those boring break hours. Her friends wanted to drag her away to catch some fresh air but she preferred not to for they little knew what made that dusty window corner her favourite spot,  it had sunshine and a view that she wanted her heart to hold. The window overlooked a tiny island in midst of a pond which was home to a herd of rabbits who were nonchalant to the world around them. Each passing day, the window brought her closer to their world.

Winter slowly slipped away into spring, the tiny rabbits stopped basking under the sun. They started keeping themselves to their burrows and she started missing that familiar sight. Summer slowly took away the charm of backing under the sun and it became unbearable to stand by that old familiar window.

Projects and assignments slowly drew her towards a mechanised world where she had to function as a robot to get her grades right. It was almost winter again when she started to long to be by that window but by now her university days were over and she had headed home.

Her window didn't promise her of that view which she held so dear and while she knew that the rabbits must have long been gone, her adamant heart fed itself a make believe, it sought recluse in those memories by that dusty window corner where life precisely happened.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...