Skip to main content

The pangs of time

There comes a time which you can't claim to be yours. It ticks away making each second weigh. The inner walls of your mind scream in pain but luckily it's all in the mind. You try to run, to leap, to cross oceans at a time but your faltering steps lead you to nowhere. You keep on walking without actually moving forward. It's more of a messy mess: life.

There are moments, moments of realisations which shake your core beliefs, which question what have you made out of yourself? Happiness doesn't always have to pay a price, does it?

There are yet other times when you meet people who wear your skin, you know you won't be judged and you reveal your inner screaming mind which finally finds his voice. Once you do that, you no longer have anything that weighs you down. You start taking leaps, you finally start moving.

And just as you start hoping that your steps won't falter any longer, you experience a fall. A fall that breaks your joints, smashes your heart, that explodes all that you have been holding on to. Things come to a standstill.

But this is not where your story ends, you are in pain but you haven't stopped living. You kick start each morning wiping off fresh tears only to find things depressing by sunset. But, you try once more and those trials however unsuccessful are solely yours.Those make you who you want to be.

"One step at a time and you will be fine", my heart whispers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...