Skip to main content

A flawed being.



Hey,

It's been long since I had something to narrate. So, here it is.

She is the only child of her parents. I have known her close enough to speak about her like it were my own story.

I have seen those parts of her locked up soul which to the world were never exposed. The dust filled corners of her life is what she in actual is.

She was in her second standard, those were the days of land phones and people had to depend on that machine to send all sort of information. Her school got over that particular day but she couldn't spot the familiar Bajaj scooter which was both her and her father's favourite. She kept herself busy with her sketchbook but it was almost more than an hour but her father was no where to be seen. She tried to ring home but her land phone perhaps was dead. Her cheeks suddenly became blood red, she was surging in disappointment coupled by embarrassment. How could her father not turn up!

She silently pushed open the gates of her school and in one fleeting moment when the chowkidar wasn't aware of her presence, she ran past her school premises. She knew the road which took her home but this was the first time she was on her own. She had no money to afford a rickshaw ride and so walked past those busy roads wiping her tears all the way.

She kept walking until she saw the field which was the landmark leading to her home. Her family in the meantime had started worrying for they couldn't find her in school neither on the way. She had taken shortcuts through fields and had sat looking at the sky, the blue of the sky always amazed her. She never knew how beautiful it looked if one sat looking at it for longer hours.

Her legs were tired but she kept walking another mile and was home. She dashed into her mother's arm and wailed loudly, a pampered being in her felt unattended. Her family tried to pacify her, but with all the attention she received she refused to stop crying. Chocolates were procured, her mother even promised her an ice cream but she kept asking how could her father not turn up when he had promised he would.

Tired and flustered she felt asleep and it was dark when she woke, she moved near her father's bed to find him fast asleep. She fetched some sticker bindi of her mother and sticked them in her father's face. Her revenge got accomplished and then she moved to the veranda to find the scooter standing there. She at first rebuked it to her heart's content and later hugged it tight, how could she remain upset with her favorite ones. While passing her father who looked funny in his sleep with all those bindis she had pasted, she smirked and offered him a flying kiss, removed all the bindis and went back to sleep happy with the fact that she was able to keep what her mother had always taught her, to never take any grudge to bed.

Next morning, she woke up cheerful as ever. The flawed being in her never got exposed in daylight. While the world thought she never knew to retaliate, she had devised her ways on her own.

Afterall she never wants to be the perfect person she is expected to be, her charm lies in her flaws.

I have been a part of her flawed journey.

With love,

Conscience

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing

Grandpa and me

I am the eldest grandchild in my family. And being the eldest, I was pampered a great deal by my grandparents. My aama (grandma) and baa (grandpa) always shielded me from every possible dangers including thrashings from maa. I have pleasant memories of evening story sessions as grandpa took me to bed. Aama would oil my hair and tie pony tails which resembled coconut trees that I used to draw. Sundays meant elaborate sessions with my grandparents. Baa would trim my nails, aama would fondle me to sleep. Their bed room was literally my playing room, my story book reading room, my painting room and what not. With time, as I grew, I got a room of my own but their room was still my favourite one. When I left for hostel, I missed them more than I missed my parents.  It was in the year 2014, I had come home after my exams when aama received a pressure stroke . She couldn't make it. I had spent a month as he lay sick on her bed. All of a sudden, there was a role reversal. I could

What do you want to be?

While I was in my 10th standard, almost everyone I met wanted to know what I wanted to be. This question always perplexed me. From the lens of a fifteen year kid who was not yet sure of the changes which awaited in the near future, this question gave me nightmares. I would constantly sit by the mirror and ask myself, what actually would be my answer. My friends always had fancy answers at their disposal. They would confidently chirp whenever any one asked about it. What amused me most was, my friend who had no inkling to study Biology wanted to be a doctor and another friend who detested the idea of even cooking noodles, wanted to be a chef! But whenever they spoke about their wishes, they would always sound confident. And there I was, fumbling for words which refused to escape my lips. It was not until I entered Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya to do my plus two, I found my voice. The teachers there have a different way of viewing life. For the first time, I no longer felt the classroom