Skip to main content

A flawed being.



Hey,

It's been long since I had something to narrate. So, here it is.

She is the only child of her parents. I have known her close enough to speak about her like it were my own story.

I have seen those parts of her locked up soul which to the world were never exposed. The dust filled corners of her life is what she in actual is.

She was in her second standard, those were the days of land phones and people had to depend on that machine to send all sort of information. Her school got over that particular day but she couldn't spot the familiar Bajaj scooter which was both her and her father's favourite. She kept herself busy with her sketchbook but it was almost more than an hour but her father was no where to be seen. She tried to ring home but her land phone perhaps was dead. Her cheeks suddenly became blood red, she was surging in disappointment coupled by embarrassment. How could her father not turn up!

She silently pushed open the gates of her school and in one fleeting moment when the chowkidar wasn't aware of her presence, she ran past her school premises. She knew the road which took her home but this was the first time she was on her own. She had no money to afford a rickshaw ride and so walked past those busy roads wiping her tears all the way.

She kept walking until she saw the field which was the landmark leading to her home. Her family in the meantime had started worrying for they couldn't find her in school neither on the way. She had taken shortcuts through fields and had sat looking at the sky, the blue of the sky always amazed her. She never knew how beautiful it looked if one sat looking at it for longer hours.

Her legs were tired but she kept walking another mile and was home. She dashed into her mother's arm and wailed loudly, a pampered being in her felt unattended. Her family tried to pacify her, but with all the attention she received she refused to stop crying. Chocolates were procured, her mother even promised her an ice cream but she kept asking how could her father not turn up when he had promised he would.

Tired and flustered she felt asleep and it was dark when she woke, she moved near her father's bed to find him fast asleep. She fetched some sticker bindi of her mother and sticked them in her father's face. Her revenge got accomplished and then she moved to the veranda to find the scooter standing there. She at first rebuked it to her heart's content and later hugged it tight, how could she remain upset with her favorite ones. While passing her father who looked funny in his sleep with all those bindis she had pasted, she smirked and offered him a flying kiss, removed all the bindis and went back to sleep happy with the fact that she was able to keep what her mother had always taught her, to never take any grudge to bed.

Next morning, she woke up cheerful as ever. The flawed being in her never got exposed in daylight. While the world thought she never knew to retaliate, she had devised her ways on her own.

Afterall she never wants to be the perfect person she is expected to be, her charm lies in her flaws.

I have been a part of her flawed journey.

With love,

Conscience

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...