Skip to main content

Blurred thoughts

If I were ever given a chance to set something from the past right, I always wonder what it would be!

Life deceives our designs, we may try to act smart but do we get to change everything which we think we can.

As we grow, we grow in terms of experiences which later remain with us in the form of memories and we carefully try to keep the good memories and try to obliterate the bitter ones. But, the rotten stench of bitter events no matter how well layered never completely allow us to be what we think we can be. There are like thousand voices playing and replaying bits of distorted events in our head, you can hush those voices but they always find ways to resurface.

As I hug my coffee mug and let it's aroma linger in my memory, I see it all. My life slowly slipping away from my hands in the form of days that gave away to months, months that turned into years and years altogether boasting of a life which has layered my past. There are so many things that I want to set right, if only I knew which weighed the most. But, no matter how many chances I am given, would I be able to set everything alright?

No matter how much I try or think about it but I have no control left over that part of life which has taken shape as a story and stories once born, never die.
Here I stand, recollecting those fond memories of bygone days when my heavy school bag wasn't heavy enough to pull down my spirit , the odd stump of crayons were enough to colour my dreams, broken pencils could always be made useful and uniforms had pride attached. But, when did I actually stop relating to these stuff, I don't even remember.

While life continues to roll in its jittery sway, I still am to figure out everything that life can hold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Home in the mountains

 The tiny mountain lights showed me home, Home: a fluid entity which marks no land. I opened my palms to feel the chill and yet I felt it's warmth in the way it held my gaze Unfaltering, of a different magnitude. I don't belong to the hills and yet A part of me was always here waiting, For me to claim my roots. And thus those lights,led me   home.

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...