Skip to main content

Dreams

Talks of loss, rejection, broken relationships were what he got to hear day long. It felt strange every time someone spoke their hearts aloud, he felt a lurking fear within. Could they read his thoughts as well!

He was a dreamer, all that he knew was to dream. He loved dreams for they always ended however bitter they might seem. But life, it always gave lemons. He hated whenever he was made to make a choice. Why couldn't he be left alone in his little world. He had never aspired for a perfect world, what he failed to understand was why was he asked to fit in whereas he would have loved to stand out.

His father like any other father wanted him to be successful and have a vocation of his own but every time his teacher wanted to know what he aspired to be, his prompt reply would always be ,"a dreamer".

With time, life took a different turn. Dreams vanished like scary ghosts. Dreams stopped visiting him in his sleep. The one who could dream with open eyes failed to see them even while asleep. He was learning to cater to wishes. He was trying to fit in.

One day as he lay reclined, he saw a vision. He saw someone whom he couldn't recognise. What startled him were that person's eyes. It had the power to rip him apart. He felt a lurking void. That smile, those eyes, that laugh sent shivers across his body. He tried  shuting his eyes tight but what was it, he instead found himself staring at the cup of tea which he held in his hand, it had run cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...