Skip to main content

A story from life.

She kept looking at the clock at equal intervals. She could no longer keep calm, the lecture wasn't boring and the paper was of her interest but she had some plans for the day. She had intended on escaping from the calm of the campus to the other side of the world where she could escape being noticed.

5.40 p.m panicked her heart , for she had five more minutes to catch the bus which was allotted for the evening slot. What could she do now, did she even have a choice? Her smile gave away to a frown as she could clearly hear the bus whish past her department window and there was her professor unmindful of the whole thing that was being cooked in her head.

Finally the class ended, she almost leaped out of her class. Three hours of lecture were tiring at times and she was about to disappear out of the department corridors, there ,she hears a voice. She instantaneously recognises the voice and with a heavy heart she looks up to see her professor waving at her.

Doomed, her heart whispers as she climbs the way up to the cabin. The air unlike other days is tense and she sees fire in mam's eyes. Should she mutter a little prayer for herself, she muses but avoids the idea. She tries to concentrate ,the voices in her head slowly die. What she hears next leaves her shocked. A fifty year old lady who was a towering figure within the classroom was weeping like a kid. She wanted to comfort her with soothing words but chose not to. She waited for her to speak aloud and finally she could hear words which weren't that fascinating, "depression", "anxiety", "insomnia" were what made sense ,the other medical jargons she couldn't make head or tail out of it.

What could she do, she knew to tackle the problems which were in her life but what could she do when she were to deal with someone's problems which were so heightened and depressing.

She like a fool ends up asking ,"Ma'am what about a bus ride, we still have the 7 p.m bus available!". The lady looks up at her from her tear veiled eyes and something magical happens, she smiles. She says , "maybe some other day". But , now the tense air seems to lighten up and as I put on the water heater to make some tea, she keeps on telling me stories about how it all started. How a charming lady who only knew to love the world of books found it difficult to make room in the real world which was too fake to be real.

We sipped tea over stories and as it was time for me to leave, I met her old self again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My love is enough for both of us"

"My love is enough for both of us", she often felt those words ring in her heart. She finally had understood that life wouldn't always follow her designs. That people are meant to leave but their memories won't. She often had wondered how someone could love her to such an extent when that person had always known that she wouldn't reciprocate those feelings. How could a person stand by her when she always acted as a fleeting shadow. She never had given hope for she knew the pain of dejection but he kept hoping like a hopeless vagabond. How she wished that he would some day hate her enough to let go. She devised ways to free him from this web, she acted cold, turned indifferent, did everything he detested and she finally saw some changes. It was a relief, he finally seemed to take hold of his life. She could see him grow responsible. He finally it seemed was learning to love himself. Phone calls died, meetings subsided, they become known strangers. All this while ...

Life on wheels

The one thing that I always had dreamt of as a kid was to have a caravan that could take me to places.I always wanted a gypsy styled life. The idea itself mesmerized me to the extent that I kept dreaming of it the whole time not even realising how it was time which kept on rolling but I stood exactly at the same place, my dreams could never concretize. What was laughed at as a childish game was so important to me that I keep doodling it in my memory till now. I see a meadow, lush green with those small daffodils growing by, perhaps Wordsworth's daffodils! Then I see a girl, her wild unkept hair sailing in the gentle breeze. She has a smile which speaks of solitude, and her heart , well that's swelling with happiness as he looks at her caravan, after all she finally has a life on wheels. What more could she wish for, what more  can anyone wish for? It's not always that we get to live a life we conceived as a kid, life keeps on deciding our track. From what we liked doing...

The dead old tree

As I walked on the road unaware of where the world was headed towards, something caught my attention. It was a dead tree standing erect by the road. What interested me was the way it had been dying a slow death whereas the world around him was yet so green. My eyes lingered towards it's branches, there I saw leaves caught in transition, they were neither green to contain life nor brown to talk of despair. The colour was a shade of yellow with specks of dull green . Did the green in them yet had hope to continue being alive? I asked myself. Then I saw something which moved my heart for the tree, it was home to birds. Little chirpy birds seeked shelter in its dead trunk. How strange life could be, that tree housed life yet couldn't forsee it's end. A cool morning breeze made its dry branch rattle and one of its branches snapped. I could see a man hurry past the road. Before I could actually take hold of what was happening, I saw him drag that branch along with him and my mi...